Sunday, September 16, 2012

Trip to Derby

In response to Hank's urgings to go for the extra lines in Haiku, I hope not to disappoint him. So here goes;

                       Trip to Derby

Riding in the coach

To visit Derby Castle

Passing the Meadow



I ask Mariah

Did you see the sheep and cows?

Lazying on the grass?


Does it remind you

Of our colleagues back home then

Like being in meadow



I recall this trip in the Spring of 1997 to Derby Castle which once belonged to one of the Lords in the County of Nottinghamshire which has been turned into a tourist's attraction . Mariah, a colleague who was attending the same course in London with me was seated next and I showed her the sheep in the meadow as we passed by not far from the Castle. She laughed when I mentioned the parable.

2 comments:

kaykuala said...

Dear Hal,
This is responding to HH Sept Height's prompt, Meadow, I suppose. Easier for the reader to be aware if mentioned. It just took barely a few minutes each time and you're building up the numbers. 3 going to 4! If you faithfully follow right through it'll be 15. Great!

Hank
P/S I've copied every one of my sketches from Rainbow and created
another blog, Easel and Colours, a drawing blog. Check it out!

abdulhalimshah said...

Yes, it is Hank. Will check it out as suggested. You are getting to be prolific on the net. Congrats!