Saturday, September 15, 2012

Grass

                                          Courtesy of Google images.


In accordance with my accomplished friend's wishes (aka Hank) I said I'll try to keep my promise on Haiku.


                                         Grass

In the dry Desert

Clump of Grass is not Mirage

Sign of Almighty



This reminds me of the journey between Mecca to Medina during my Hajj together with Nasimah in 1999. We travelled by coach on the first day of Muharram to Medina from Mecca. It just took about 6 hours, including waiting time for security clearance at the Hajj Check-point. An experience not easily forgotten, passing through the arid Arabian desert and the bare rocky mountains along the highway.

2 comments:

kaykuala said...

Dear Hal,
This is what I realised now. There's so much to tell but we just have it within ourselves. When we put it on paper (so to speak) it motivates us to write more and more. Haiku is perfect as it's brief,no rhyming and anything goes.Draw on the experience fine,Sir! Share with us the treasure trove within you and blaze away with the perfect PD Bond and Michael Loh English that you're blessed with.
'Grass' here is perfect and you cleverly included a 'process note' of your Haj journey as the icing on the cake (how about a 6 or 9 line haiku for the next one and maintain the option of a process note and photo as done here) Great! I'm glad!

Hank

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Hank,
As my Sifu on Haiku, you have been very kind in your remarks, unlike Micheal Loh when I remembered very well his comment on my essay as "Insipid". He adopted the old school method of 'provocative' challenge. I think he would get the 'flying chaplis' if applied to the present Puteras now. Your encouragement is indeed a better approach to our current generation.