Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Island

I missed the previous prompt because I have to be at my daughter's place helping her out during her confinement. Now I must not let the momentum falter; here goes:-

                           Island

A little red dot

So said a famous guy once

It is exacting


Once a backwater

Infested by mosquitoes

Now a first-world class


Squeaky clean at most

Well known for its Kiasu

Not my favourite



When I first transit the Changi Airport in September 1972 on my way to London via BOAC, it was the first day of the once single airline operating separately as MAS and SIA. I can still recall the way MAS counter was struggling as an "infant" compared to the "Cocky" long spacious counters of SIA overlording the others. It made me despise the Island since then.

No comments: