Monday, September 10, 2012

The Reunion

                                           King George V School
                    Seremban, Form 5 A, 1962

Last Sunday 09 September, I had a pleasant surprise when I received a call on my mobile phone, from someone whom I have not met since I left my former school, King George V Seremban in 1960, a classmate of mine, S.Thavamani.
She is her usual chirpy and bubbly self, when she told me that she got my number from another classmate now a retired Judge whom I met last year at a Hari Raya invitation from my former office in Putrajaya. Although I was not in the KGV form 5 class  in 1962, as shown in the picture above (taken from the school magazine), but she still extend the Form 5 Reunion to me, since I knew many of the faces which appeared in the photo. After 50 years, some have passed away, but many are still recognisable. Unfortunately I could not attend the reunion owing to prior commitments on this 15 September, when the reunion is to be held in Seremban. It would have been wonderful to see my former classmates after half a century! Of course with the mature and dignified white hairs some may have on top or none at all, we would have a hilarious time recalling the good old days. The organiser for this reunion is none other than the affable Victor Lee Wee Kah, whom I remembered, as he was always smart and carried himself well with his classmates. Those seated in the front row in the photo above are Boon Cheng Ee(deceased) Lee Wee Kah, Malik Yasin, Choong Siew Min,Md.Nor Tan,Muthukumar, Musalmah Asli,Zaiton seated in the first row of form 5A. Those who have passed away are Johari Baharudin, Maarith and Bukhari. The others whom I can still recall are Tee Ting Chai, Lee Chin Hwa, Kulasingham,Jeyasingham,Liew Siew Mun,Madhusudan Patel, Rosli, Mat Saman,Zaini Hassan and many others whose names I have forgotten.I wish Victor Lee Wee Kah's class reunion is a success and may the presence of those who attend bring back happy memories of the comradeship of our former classmates and my respects to the teachers who are able to come.

No comments: