Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Drive to KLIA

Yesterday I just had to go out early even though it's sunday because I persisted in wanting to get on the new highway from KL direct to Putrajaya. This time I had the benefit of downloading the map from the concession company's website and also the directions when I phoned the company last week as how to gain access to the Putrajaya Highway from Shah Alam using Kesas Highway. So with my wife and daughter in the car to acompany me, we exited the LDP highway into Kesas highway after the Sunway Toll plaza and this time managed to get on it. The funny part is why on earth the information given is somewhat amateurish unlike a highway concession company like PLUS or KESAS does. Instead of telling people that to access the KL-Putrajaya highway at Carrefour and take a U-turn coming from Shah Alam along Kesas, all you should do is to take the exit going to Bukit Jalil Stadium and take a right turn at the traffic lights at the underpass leading to the Stadium as if you are going back to Shah Alam and Kelang. That would have made the direction giving instructions much easier and understood by road users.No wonder the name of the concession company itself is rather clownish, " Konsortium Lapangan Terjaya Sdn Bhd ". So it was a pleasent drive all the way to Putrajaya link and I took the exit after the Putrajaya Toll plaza heading to KLIA. My wife wanted very much to see where the LCC Terminal is because neither she nor me had been there even though my daughter had used the LCC Terminal when she went to S'wak with Haliza her close friend to attend the World Ethnic Musi Festival last year. The LCC Terminal is really quite far from the road which I took the exit after the passing the toll plaza leading to KLIA. No wonder Air Asia is begging the Govt. to allow them to use Subang Airport also. After seeing off my nephew and niece who were flying to the UK to join their parents who are now in Cambridge, we drove back straight to Pasar Taman Tun and after buying what we needed we went home. It was a Sunday well spent except I had interrupted sleep in the middle of the night by messages on my mobile phone from my brother telling me they had safely arrived at London Heathrow and were on their way to Cambridge. By then it was 2.00 am in the morning of 21 January 2008.

1 comment:

Bustaman said...

I should have discovered this blog sooner.
Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood of bloggers.
Keep the wonderful posts coming!