Monday, January 14, 2008

My friend Pokku

It was my former colleague when I was with the Implementation and Coordination Unit of the PM's Dept. who arranged a lunch appointment on the last friday of 2007 at Restoran Negori in Amcorp Mall to meet the author of the bestseller on MPH booklist for the month entitled " Growing Up in Trengganu" who goes by the pen name of Awang Goneng. His real name is Wan A. Hulaimi and he was once the BERNAMA man who opened it's branch office in London and he had stayed back ever since he was posted, but now a free-lance writer. Pokku that's my friend blogger's name and his blog is entitled "Dibawah Rang Ikang Kering". As a Trengganu guy, he's of course busy promoting the book as well, and he was kind enough to arrange for me to meet Awang Goneng and get his autograph. He also invited my two former office colleagues, Sabihin and Azman. But these two had no idea at all about who is Awang Goneng, because they only keep up with golf but no more books, I suppose. It's my friend Pokku, whose real name is Tengku Ali Bustaman that I want to write about. For those who still remember Tengku Elida of TV3, this man is her father. Being from RTM he was my communications head of division which was under my supervision. Though I had served in Ministry of Information for a brief 9 months, but I only met him when I was in ICU of the PM's Dept. He's really an interesting fellow and I enjoy reading his blog. For those who have the time can google it and visit his website, it's very entertaining, to me at least. See you next ramblings.

No comments: