Sunday, January 13, 2008

A long Hibernation

Since April 2006 I have not been posting anything on my blog, and I am really apalled by my long hibernation. What really took place? Now I know why, even if that's not an excuse. It was a phase which saw me again going through another bout of sleeplessness. Probably it's due again to my undue worry about an event which my family association BERKAT of Rasah chapter organising Hari Raya gathering, this time only confined to the waris from Rasah only. It was the collection which I feared would not be sufficient to cover the cost. Fortunately with the untiring effort of waris Rasah we managed to pull it off with about three hundred ringgit deficit which was bailed out by BERKAT funds. Another unforgettable incident was the passing away of my father-in-law in mid-2006, and before that he had exhibited a failing memory to the extent that he was talking to himself and imagining that he was talking to the Sultan of Kelantan himself! His memory slide took place for more than a year, and he had to be attended to by a Home nurse who comes to monitor his condition regularly. ALLAH is most Great because Yakob Abdul Rahman Scholer was such a helpful person in taking Ayah to the mosque on fridays even though he just went and came back before the prayers itself. From what he went through, it was a big lesson to all that when a person falls into a condition termed as dementia, it puts a lot of stress to the caregivers. May ALLAH prevent all of us from experiencing such a problem when we reach our golden years. I hope to continue to write this blog for the year 2008.

No comments: