Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Blogging Bug

I seemed to have been bitten by the blogging bug, thanks to my dear friend whose blog name is "Pokku" but I prefer to address him as "Tengku" because the word "Pok" though in Trengganu speak means "Pak" but it rhymes with that place where in kampungs where padi is kept called "kepok" thus my reluctance to use it for Tengku Ali Bustaman. I should relate a story about how one day when Tengku and I went to Pulau Sentosa in S'pore and while I went into the place where the diorama about the history of S'pore is shown from Stamford Raffles to the Fall of S'pore to the Japanese in World War Two, I realised that my friend was not with me as we were together seeing the other scenario in the Museum. When I emerged from the museum I saw Tengku sitting at the bench dreaming away and I asked him why he left halfway. He related to me the reason why and he was visibly upset. He said he could not bear to see the scene where the ceremony of handing over the island to Stamford Raffles by Sultan Hussein whereby there was a boy wearing the regal attire sitting next to the Sultan was somewhat related to him. Then I began to understand his sadness of that episode in the past where he somehow is linked with it. That's why the Terengganu royalty still have relatives who at one time were the occupants of Istana Kampong Gelam, which is now turned into a museum. It looked like the Malays in S'pore would sadly become museum pieces and good only to serve as S'pore's past history as the Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew once in arrogance said that the history of the Malays is the history of Piracy.I do hope one day the light at the end of the tunnel will be fianlly shining bright in the face of the Senior Minister when the reclamation work which is going on to enlarge the tiny dot in the Asean region will be joined with mainland peninsula by a tsunami of their people who opt to merge with us once more. Today 20 January I am going to find the access to the Putrajaya highway from Kesas Highway coming from the direction of Shah Alam. On New Year's day I managed to go up the highway but infortunately it was in a different direction instead, so I had to exit the NPE and made a turnaround back to Federal highwat Route 2 on the way to KLIA to send my brother off on his flight to UK. I wasted about 30 mins in the merry go round and this time I have the directions printed out so that I could find my way through. Let's hope this time I would be able to hit the highway in the right direction, ie. to Putrajaya, InshaAllah.

No comments: