Wednesday, August 06, 2008

As-Salihin, The Pious

Yesterday, the guy from the "Pious" came to discuss with my wife and me with Haniff being present about the details in the "Will". I wasn't happy because the previous draft did not convey our intentions. In our Faith, " Niat" is the most important of all. When the "Niat" or " Nawaitu" is not translated clearly and concisely, then the thinking becomes muddled. A muddled mind is of no use to anybody. This time, after a veiled threat of calling the CEO of As-Salihin Trustee Bhd, Mr. Aziz Peru Mohamad, things are falling back into place. The items which we wanted to include in the will were incorporated and a few amendments made. This time we hope, the going shall be speedy and smooth. I asked the guy when could he furnish me with the amended draft, and he promised me this Friday. I will hold him to his word, and if nothing comes in my mailbox, I shall follow up. The trouble with some people is that they are either too lazy or complacent to follow up and follow through. Being a former bureaucrat, I do not brook any nonsense, and I was known for being a hard driving task master. I just had no time for slackers and time-wasters because to me, it is worth more than gold. I was a fastidious worker, always being the first arriving to the office because I hated the jams and it made my blood boil. I wasn't a road bully, but if anyone tries to be funny, I knew how to react with decorum and with the expletives at the same time. So far I had not encountered anything more than a scratch on the paintwork and just let it go because a motorcyclist was in a hurry perhaps to the loo. I told the guy that once we have a final look at the will and ready for attestation, we would like the presence of all in the immediate family so that we could announce our true intentions and the implications of the written word. This time I would want my grandchildren to be included as beneficiaries. The "sadaqah jariah" should be continued after our passing whenever the Fund is in excess of meeting its obligations. The creation of a "Trust Fund" is the central focus after the basic obligations in accordance to Shari'ah has been fulfilled. The will should be complementary and not at odds with it. I hold the view that good intentions must be written down and be complied with in accordance with the Shari'ah, because as believers we cannot just follow the "nafs" or our internal desire which might be confused and offtrack. I hope when I die, there's be justice to all my dependents and members of my family. I have gone through many long years of heartaches when I saw how my mother was sickened and breath her last, still hoping for her rights in accordance to the Shari'ah but to no avail. It's a great lesson in life for me and I do not want it to be repeated when my family's turn come around. The mundane will perish come Doomsday but at least what's more significant is that I have done my duty to my Creator and to those whom I am responsible for. Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Walillahilhamd!

2 comments:

fish said...

Dalu, Dalu

Your statement, "I wasn't a road bully" caught my attention. It is perplexing to note that today's generation is a far cry from our good ol' days! It is common to hear of road bullies aka "Mat Rempit" who without any reason bash up innocent victims. What is behind these irrational souls who brings misery to others? Who dare stand up against this 'decorums'?

I shared the same wavelength with you 'yesterday' but after sleeping over it, I woke up feeling that my life is far more valuable than to gamble it into confrontation! How can my rational mind overpower these 'emotionally affected' souls! Morever, there had been many cases reported of orchestrated robbery - an unfortunate aftermath...another misdeed!

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Fish,
Something fishy is happening here. I posted my response twice and it went into the black hole.
I had forgotten what I had written. Anyway thanks for your kind comments and I hope we all don't have to go on the LRT or Commuter, because nobody gives up a seat for us!