Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Meeting in Rasah

I had planned for this meeting of my family association, with the acronym called BERKAT since I resigned as it's President with immediate effect on July 16, 2008. There are two levels, one the centre and the other the Branch. Many thought the centre is most glamorous and visible but actually for me, it was the most frustrating and full of venom. So yesterday , Sunday August 10, 2008 I convened the Branch meeting in Rasah, about three kilometres from Seremban. I am still the Branch leader although I had relinquished my post at the Centre. For the first time since being elected as the leader of BERKAT, I had a quorum and started right on the dot, more or less. The agenda was entirely focused on the coming "Kerapatan Waris" or our Branch EGM in December this year. We have to identify the likely people to be elected as office bearers and they in turn will go en-bloc to the centre to form the governing council. In any family association, there's bound to be laxity of members and a certain forebodings of what the future would be like. Someone told me if the association lasted for more than five years, we are lucky! Well we are going to the 7-year itch now, and I am preparing for my withdrawal from the scene and groom someone to replace me. So the meeting lasted for one and the half hours as scheduled and I " conscripted" a few young members into performing " National Service" for the preparation of our AGM in December and it was proposed that it should be the " Family Day " for the Rasah chapter of BERKAT. Now it dawned upon me, where our problem starts and where it ended. The meeting was conducted in a friendly and congenial atmosphere and we made several resolutions. I hope they could be implemented, as soon as possible because come Ramadan almost everything come at a standstill.

4 comments:

Husni aka Tuni said...

Apo masalah nya?

abdulhalimshah said...

Tuni,
I think you missed the point. The whole issue devolves around "discipline" which is utterly lacking in Malay Society which has been written over donkey years by Zaaba, Munshi Abdullah and the rest of Malay writers (including Pak Arab celop) in the likes of Syed Sheikh Al-Hady,Pak Sako, Keris Mas etc.

Bustaman said...

Good luck to the RASAH Chapter of BERKAT. With sincerity and a clear understanding of the purpose, InsyaAllah everything will end up well. Amin!!

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Pokku,

Alhamdulillah, we mortals can only propose, it's ALLAH SWT who disposes! Thanks for the kind thoughts and may BERKAT really brings BARAKAH to all it's members.