Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hi Tea at University Garden Community Hall on 20 July

I am a member of the Qariah Masjid Al-Hidayah in Kelana Jaya. My area is blessed with so many mosques and suraus that one could hardly ignore. Though I am not a regular attendee but I always keep in touch with the other qariah members because one of these days, you'll need them to pray for you when you bid farewell. However, what I am going to tell here is not whether I am a regular qariah member or not because that's my choice and no one else can compel me where should I attend my congregational prayer. One day I saw a notice pinned on the soft board of the Masjid, inviting qariah members to join a Hi-Tea at the SS3 Community Hall in University Garden. So when I met Tuan Hj Ismail, my neighbour, I requested to buy two tickets. It was an occasion of having a chance to meet Dato Dr Hassan Ali, the Selangor State Executive Councillor who was recently returned to the State seat of Gombak in the recent General Election. Dato Dr Hassan Ali is no stranger because he used to give the friday sermon at the Mosque. It's always a pleasure to hear him speak. Furthermore he was in the MCS and he used to be a staff of INTAN which is the premier Govt Training Centre situated in Bukit Kiara. He used to repeat the fact that I was the one who sent him to Selangor when he first joined the MCS. Then I was in charge of posting of newly appointed MCS officers and a few still remembered how strict I was even though I knew them as friends. I was fully aware of the accusations of favouring friends over strangers and would not want to be accused of cronyism. Dato Dr Hassan Ali outlined the 7 point plan of making Selangor a benevolent benefactor to those who are in dire need and not just for cronies and relatives. The State Govt of Selangor is bent on ensuring justice and fairness for all. This is a tall order but I think it's not a pipe dream.Given the perseverance and dedication of the present Pakatan Rakyat Govt, I am confident the noble aims as outlined by Dr Hassan Ali could be realised. But the civil servants especially those at the top must also be committed to do their fair share of the tasks given to them. If they still continue with the attitude of being self-serving idiots of the past Toyol era, then woe betide them. The backwardness of those in the backwaters of the so-called most developed State in the Peninsular must be addressed quickly. There's no time to waste and the focus on the spiritual and intellectual development of Selangor must be given all the support. Those bastards who hoodwinked the people must be brought to book and they should face jail terms if fraud could be proven. I am no partisan to Party politics, but if the powers that be is aimed at bringing fairness and justice for all, then the government deserved all the support that they should get. I hope I could be of service if called upon. Otherwise I wished Dr Hassan Ali all the success and I intimated this to him before leaving the Community Hall just before Asar. Wabillahi Taufiq Walhidayah Wassalamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarkatuh!

2 comments:

Husni aka Tuni said...

A sniper can fix things better at times rather than the system.

abdulhalimshah said...

Tuni,
I would rather resort to the declaration of the Emergency Regulations first by Pak Lah. Then the "Terminator" can be employed to rid us all the parasites who had robbed the taxpayers money. Or Zaharin can apply the magic of Ben Sepuluh to snipe at the Toyol and his Pelesit/ Zombies Pisang Kampong, Ha..ha..ha...Quo Vadis!