Friday, July 11, 2008

BERKAT

No, no , I am not going to write about my experiences in the Holy land. This is something related the unholy alliance of people who got together with the noble intention of reviving the " Silaturrahim" of people who descended from one of the national heroes recognised by the Govt. of Indonesia, known popularly as Tuanku Tambusai and his real name is Fakeh Muhammad Saleh who died incognito sometime in late 1800's and buried in Rasah, a place near Seremban. I became the first President of this family association registered duly in 2002 and simply known as BERKAT which is the acronym of "Badan Rumpun Keturunan Tuanku Tambusai". It's Constitution is staggering to say the least, even till today I cannot comprehend the inner structure of the society, though I am President for the second term. Others might say I am a fool for not bothering to ask. But it was my uncle who drafted it and without much ado adopted by all the members. Yesterday I decided to do the unthinkable, I tendered my resignation with immediate effect. In fact I was no more interested to continue as President at the last AGM but no one else wanted the job. Reluctantly I acceded. After having observed the lack of commitment from the Setapak chapter I decided that enough is enough. I do not wish to be heading an organisation which the malay proverb says" Hidup segan mati tak mau". So that's how BERKAT going to end up most probably unless new blood is infused and the rotten appendage be removed. May ALLAH Bless BERKAT with "Barakah" so that the descendants of Tuanku Tambusai will not be forgotten by succeeding generations.

1 comment:

Husni aka Tuni said...

I dont think the younger generation sees it any different. In turning them into believers, an example is needed to showcase the benefits of having such an association and its not enough to just refer to the Chinese.