Thursday, June 19, 2008

Drive-thru service

Today I went to the Post Office at Kg.Tunku just about next to the Kg. Tunku Primary School in order to renew the road tax which is expiring in July. I did not want to wait for next month since I am going to perform the Umrah next week. I thought there would be long lines of people waiting for their rebates but fortunately the hundreds of millions of Ringgit had been disbursed by the Post Offices around the country and in most likelihood had changed hands. I still recalled when the late Tun Razak was the Prime Minister, he saw the folly of giving outright cash as aid because even the subsidy to farmers in the form of fertilisers were sold for cash. I suppose he knew human nature better than any of our leaders today. But that's not the story I want to tell here. While waiting for my number, a former Colonel in the Armed Forces and an OP ( Old Putera ) the I.D. for ex-RMC boys came and sat next to me. He was grumbling about the drive-thru counter outside of the Post Office lobby was unmanned for about twenty minutes and finally he came in. So I told him to lodge a complaint to the Post Office Manager so that he would be in the know and make sure that it doesn't happen again. But he chose not to. This is a typical attitude of our people who complains but did not address the matter to the proper authority. I am always fond of taking the bull by the horn, because it will always reflect a positive side and also doing your duty as a good citizen. It's not just for your own good but also for the good of others as well.

No comments: