Monday, March 03, 2008

The Unfriendly Hospital

Yesterday 02 March 2008 I had the occasion to visit my father in Tuanku Jaafar Hospital in Seremban. Being notorious for it's lack of parking facilities, I have avoided going to this hospital like plague. So I had not been there for almost four years since my father was warded there after a fall that cracked his hip bone joint and was operated upon. I thought a hospital first obligation is towards its patients and their visitor's, but unfortunately this is not so. I had to circle several times to find a parking place and finally I had to go up about fifty steps up the hill with two landings before I could find my way to the lifts. The same number of lifts are serving an ever increasing number of visitors and to top it, one lift is reserved for patients even during visiting hours and it was a Sunday! Our hospital administrators doesn't seem to practice it's corporate culture of being caring. I saw the area reserved for staff was literally empty, which is on the same level of the ground floor of the hospital which is on a small hill. I believe it would take light years before the corporate culture of caring to people who come to the hospitals either as patients or visitors will really take root.

No comments: