Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Heart rending Discovery

It was an unexpected discovery of sorts when I arrived at 32 Riverview Estate on that fateful Saturday 11 June 2011. I was prepared for the worst when I was told that Haniff would not be at the Airport to welcome Nasimah and I though we had travelled thousands of miles across the Globe to see what happened to him.

Only our Faith in ALLAH gave us the strength to pull through this traumatic discovery of him after a futile search everywhere looking for him as he was nowhere to be found around the house nor the nearby places where he used to frequent on his bicycle.

When I was told Haniff was in the Store of the house,covered in his trusted blanket, without the lights on and was locked from the inside, it was a miracle that made his housemate to enter from the other side and found him there made Nasimah and I cry our hearts out as he hid his face from us, as if he was lost in his own world. We immediately carried him to the kitchen and hugged him to our hearts content telling him that whatever had happened is all ALLAH'S WILL and we render our willing acceptance with complete submission to HIM and supplicate to HIM for our Deliverance. My heart was completely broken and my cool was completely shattered at that point of time. If ever it was due to my omission or commission of negligence on our part as parents we readily atone for them and beg forgiveness from our son and ultimately to ALLAH.

Now it has been one week we are here to salvage Haniff's future and I had been busy in sorting out many issues with regard to his mental health and overall wellbeing as well as his studies. When I met Dr.Kieran Doran last wednesday I conveyed to him in no uncertain terms that since Haniff is unable to make decisions for his future in his studies, I therefore as his Father and Guarantor takes upon myself to make him withdraw from his Medical studies forthwith and bring him home with no possibility of returning to Cork as there is no certainty that he will not suffer the same situation should he continue. He had been away too long and we wanted to nurse him back to his normal self. We just cannot afford to lose him. Fortunately his sponsor concurred and now I am delaying our flight home so that Haniff can wind up his matters regarding his personal effects etc. And say Good bye to Cork which had been his first home for almost seven years. It is a sad day for all of us to fly off from Cork this coming Friday, but our journey of discovery has added a further dimension to our lives and we shall come out braver and stronger to face this World and it's trial and tribulations. May ALLAH Bless us all.

7 comments:

tokcik said...

all well that end well - am glad the worst is over for you Tuan Haji - its not the end of the world for Haniff - there are other routes and opportinities - God willing your patience and kind nursing will make his return stronger. My doa is with your family well being Tuan Haji.

Al-Manar said...

It truly saddens me to hear this. Having been involved in educating children, helping them along, to say 'heart rendering' is far from the real feeling. You have indeed gone through some trials and tribulations of late. Stay fast my dear friend. Kikmatnya dari apa yang berlaku kita munkin tak akan faham.

Salaam to you all.

CZZ said...

Assalamualaikum Uncle,

I cried reading this heartfelt post.

May ALLAH SWT always be with you both and protect you Insya ALLAH.

All our love and salams,
Zi & Zenol

kaykuala said...

Dear Hal,
Strength in whatever we face and do to alleviate would come from the Almighty through unexpected sources. You are not alone so also Haniff. This is the time to provide for him and the time to sacrifice is never ending. Maintain the strength and wishing the best of everything in your journey.

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear PakCik and TokCik,
There is a Malay saying that says when you cry, you cry alone and when we laugh there are many who join. I am grateful that this proverb does not ring true for me as I have friends who emphatise though it is here in the virtual world. It does not matter because it all stems from the heart and it is true.
I had counseled Haniff the same TC, and maybe it is a Blessing for him that it happens for there is no benefit if he fails in his career for the future. Let him take the School of knocks now rather than later coz then the Fall would be more agonizing.PakCik, you guessed right when I just could not fathom my own feeling on that fateful day. I felt helpless and completely drained. But if not for my Faith in Allah, I would have collapsed and probably die of heart attack. But as the proverb says 'Pantang Mati Sebelum Ajal'. Our people have a way with addressing all types of emergence situation. InshaAllah Pak Cik I plan to take a slow journey of driving to the Pantai Timor after this as part of the programme to revive Haniff from his trauma of disappointment. As long as I breathe I shall be with him and impress upon him that no one could see the future, but we must accept the past as lessons for the future. Fortunately the University is allowed to confer the Bachelor's Degree of Medical Science as it is just unfortunate that Haniff had to terminate his programme of studies owing to his inability to cope with the system and thus we are relieved that he does not come home empty handed. Alhamdulillah and Allahu Akbar!

abdulhalimshah said...

Hank,
My gratitude for your understanding and soothing words which I badly need right now. Allah Almighty is indeed with us in time of the Crisis.It is from HIM that we derive the Patience and the Steadfastness to weather the Typhoon in our hearts and minds. This Journey is indeed as what Ustaz Shahrum said depends very much on our intepretation of the lessons derived. It is truly another Journey of the Heart but of a different time and space. The Journey of Life is a never ending one and only time shall be the measure of difference whether we stumble or get up and fight to achieve our Goals in this World and Hereafter.

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear KakJi,
Our hearts were filled to the brim with tears from the inside on that Saturday. Only ALLAH is the Know All. But we are not going to be defeated and as the sun rises , I and Auntie shall do whatever it takes to bring Haniff back to his former self and come out of his trauma with vigor to continue what he wants to pursue when he is fit and back on the right track in his health.