Thursday, June 09, 2011

Another Journey on Self Discovery

Today my flight not to fantasy island would be close to midnight on Friday, June 10, 2011 and I will be accompanied by my dear wife, Nasimah Ahmad Noordin. When I last met Ustaz Sharum last Monday night in Seremban, he advised me by saying, " Tuan Haji, please look at this journey as if it is another journey of the heart to perform your Hajj, the prime objective is in fact to bring you closer to your Creator, ALLAH Almighty". Never in my thoughts that my decision to fly and see my son Haniff in Cork is another Journey of the heart, MashaALLAH!

Now I am more imbued with the thought that my sacred journey is indeed carved in the righteous path of Almighty ALLAH! What an eye-opener and I thought a sacred journey is only to Makkah Al-Mukarramah or Madinatul-Munawarah! InshaALLAH, Ustaz Sharum, I shall bear in mind as to your most precious advice, as I shall go with an open mind and more importantly with an a big heart. May ALLAH bestow His Blessings on those who seek the truth and also speak and hear the truth because only then our hearts shall be opened to accept whatever comes your way whether good or bad as a Blessing in disguise.

7 comments:

norzah said...

Any move we make, journey or endeavor is done with the grace of Allah, Akhi, if the intention (niat) is good. Nothing happens without His consent. So your mission for the trip can certainly qualify as a mission in the pursuance of Allah's blessings. Though of a different nature from performing the pilgrimage.

abdulhalimshah said...

Akhi,
You are indeed spot right and we as human beings with frailties sometimes have the tendency to forget that. That is why we are termed as insan from the root word nishan which means forgetful.

abdulhalimshah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abdulhalimshah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al-Manar said...

Going to Cork? I went there in 1958. From there I hitched hiked all the way north. What good did it do the me? A lot is the answer; how faithful the Irish were to their religion, their generous attitude towards strangers, boy who was not one of them, the absence of status consciousness etc, etc. We only need to sit back and replay our past scences to realise who we are; and knowing who we are is knowing HIM, the general theme of many of my postings.

Have a good trip, akhi and hope the boy is on track again.

abdulhalimshah said...

Pak Cik,
Now I am In Cork. Alhamdulillah we are fine. The weather is still chilly,typical British Isles weather even in early summer.My son is recuperating from his disappointment of being barred from taking his exams. His condition does not allow him. Most likely I am going to listen what the University has to say,and then take him back home. He has been here too long and it does not do much good to remain here.

kaykuala said...

Dear Hal,
A measure of discovery, a journey to visit a son is always welcomed whatever the distance and for whatever reasons. ALLAH SWT's blessings all the way!

Hank