Thursday, June 17, 2010

Taking a short Break

As a matter of fact I have been rather busy with attending to some urgent family matters for the past weeks, but still faithfully not losing track of the Internet, as it has become an integral part of my life.

I learnt yesterday of the sad news of the passing away of my former classmate, Hamzah Abdullah who could not turn up for the Class reunion in May, and my hope of seeing him this Saturday is thus unfulfilled. His son told me that he was hospitalised for a month but requested that the news be kept away from his friends. His health had been on the poor side for so long and he told us that he almost did not make it some two decades ago. But we thought he had recovered as he served as a member of the Film Censorship Board. Al-Fatihah and may his soul be amongst those who are upright and blessed.

To my dear friends who always visit my blog, I am going to take a short break after this, but will be back as soon as possible to pen my remarks on matters which are close to my heart. Salam and Regards.

3 comments:

norzah said...

I'm not sure that I know him, Akhi, but all the same I share your grief for loosing a good friend. Al-Fatihah.
Hey, you need a good rest yourself after a busy week of worrying over what can go wrong. Relax, you've done what you can the rest is for the others to take care of and for Allah to approve and bless. Salam.

kaykuala said...

Dear Hal,
U deserve the break. It is mentally testing now and it'll physically wear u off after the 'big day'. You have been thru it before, it's always easier the 2nd time around. Every best wishes n Good Luck!

Al-Manar said...

Hal
Hope all is well and you will be back shortly to keep us updated