Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seeing the future

I met an old friend at the mall on Tuesday 23 April after a long time and as expected he was updating me on the current goings on with regard to the election campaign. He goes back to Kota Bharu almost every week, because he is busy looking after his eight horses.
          He told me how childish the election campaigns were in Kelantan and I could well guess what he was talking about. But so far I have not been to any political rally because there is none around my area as yet. However the outcome of the coming election for my constituency is almost predictable and thus one can figure out who is going to win since the demographics is very clear. But the most important thing for me is that whichever side is going to form the next government, the political future cannot be regarded as a gamble. There is simply too much at stake. We must ensure that the future must be a better one than now. We cannot afford to throw money as if they grow on trees. What we need is a growing economy to sustain the growing population and the distributive growth must be shared equally by all.

4 comments:

Al-Manar said...

There is so much at stake and to me it is worrying. It is not our well being but that of our next generation. Saya tak nampak mana mana yang serba ikhlas dan jujur.

norzah said...

Am I glad to see you update your blog again, Akhi Halim, Have not seen it for quite sometime nor do I see your comment on mine. Well speaking our mind out is what is more important and I keep doing it for the satisfaction of letting things out of my system. The coming election is a favorite topic and I share your take on the matter. It's however very interesting to hear the candidates speak in the campaign , to see the reaction of the people etc. So, let's go and hear some of them....

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Pak Cik,
We have not much choice but have to face the reality, as you say for the sake of our future generation. Our hope is the only thing that keeps the country going and above all are our prayers.

abdulhalimshah said...

Akhi Norzah,
I beg your pardon for the absence of my comments in your postings. I thought you were busy finishing your book. I will do so forthwith.
I share your thoughts on the political landscape. Let us hope that we see a fair fight in GE 13 and the outcome bring a better future.