Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hank's Rainbow

My good friend Hank just phoned me this morning urging me to continue writing the short poem known as Haiku. I had written one earlier and he took the trouble to revise it so that it conforms to the strict 5-7-5 or 7-5-7 syllables for each line. He added that with my standard of English, it would go to waste if I did not continue to contribute in writing the short poems.
I appreciate very much Hank's untiring effort in encouraging me to join him in this healthy exercise. Another friend on this list, Pak Cik Hassan wished me well in his earlier comment on my first effort in writing a haiku. Hank's reason for egging me on is to motivate me to continue updating my blog. In fact he asked me to open another blog just to accommodate poems. But for the time being I just stick to one. So here is my second attempt at haiku poem.
Day of Sacrifice
In piety for the Hajj rites

For Humanity

4 comments:

kaykuala said...

Dear Hal,
The haiku is perfect!I could feel the power of the Hajj like a current. The latent power is about to be unleashed. It is stirred up. Nothing's stopping it. Great!

Hank

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Hank,
TQVM for the compliment. I sincerely wish you have lighted up my spirit on haiku. Will try my best not to fail you.

Al-Manar said...

Haiku or haimu or whatever, go on writing. How many writers of our generation are active?

But of course if there are personal matters that tie you down, akhi Hal, none of us is being fair to expect you to do what is not your prtority. I may drop you a line vian email.

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear PakCik,
Your comment is much appreciated and thank you for the encouragement. With friends who are dedicated and committed to give back the benefits which they have received from Allah, one's conscience is reminded to walk the right path. May Allah Bless you.