Monday, September 13, 2010

Aidulfitri 2010

The picture is taken impromptu, unlike previous years where the family gatherings must end up with a family picture at my late father-in-law's house in Section 11, Petaling Jaya, except for last year it was at my house in SS3/94 in Kelana Jaya.

As such there were many absentees, and it cannot be helped because each family have commitments to attend too. But one thing that is different this time, the gathering is in Kota Damansara, my sister-in-law's house which is a newly occupied residence when she moved early this year from her rented place in Mutiara Damansara. To make it more memorable the late afternoon thunderstorm was so heavy that it looked like another flash flood would have occurred in many areas in Klang Valley.Fortunately being Hari Raya, I did not come across any news of such occurrence.

This Hari Raya I have my father and sister with me at SS3 because he had just been discharged from Hospital Tuanku Jaafar, Seremban after being admitted on the 17 August at 3.00 am and I had to go to and fro PJ-Seremban to help my sister going up the steep slope of that unfriendly hospital. He can continue to recuperate here, for he badly requires the rest as he is still not back to his normal strength.

Yesterday, 12 September 2010 I have to bring him to the nearest private hospital, The Kelana Jaya Medical Centre because he complained of acute pain due to his stricture of the urinary passage of which he has been under treatment at Ampang Puteri Hospital for the past year. The urology clinic in Ampang is not opened until this friday, so I have to find an alternative and he is given a dose of pain-killer and antibiotics. The good thing is that, the doctor who is on duty told me that the regime which Seremban Hospital gives for the insulin jabs is not appropriate and so he changed the type which has two-in-one function. It is only recently that he has become insulin dependent, since his hospitalisation in Seremban. So I have to make sure that the dosage is correct and this morning I went to KJMC once more to confirm the dosage since he introduced a new prescription of insulin. Well it looked like my hospital trips is the feature of my Ramadhan 1431 Hijri as well as Aidulfitri 1431 Hijri. Alhamdulillah!

6 comments:

Al-Manar said...

AHS,

I am sorry to hear of the bothers you have had. But for a very dear one everything is well worth the troubles. Salaam from Pakcik

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Pak Cik,
Thank You for the comment. I have already taken it in my stride no matter how bothersome it could be, simply because it is in line with Islam, the Ad-Deen.

kaykuala said...

Dear Hal,
We pray to ALLAH swt the Almighty that we be given the strength to meet our obligations to our aged parents. You have done exceedingly beyond what is ordinarily expected.

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Hank,
Thanks for the encouragement, and I pray that I have the stamina to last right through his final day and all in the name of ALLAH ALMIGHTY.

norzah said...

We all have certain experience which Ramadhan brought us, and I'm sure that you've had your share and that it has given you a lot of food for thoughts.
To me it's all part of the 'rahmat' that Allah gave us and it's our duty to gain as much from it. You've fullfilled your obligations fully, Akhi Halim, and remember that whatever amal soleh you carry out in the month of Ramadhan brings you 70 times more 'pahala' than if you've done it at any other times.
Here's my prayer for a quick recovery to your dad and Allah bless you and all family members and relatives.

abdulhalimshah said...

Akhi Norzah,
My gratitude for the kind thoughts and words which strikes me in its sincerity and earnestness. What you have said is true and I am grateful that ALLAH S.W.T. has given me ample opportunity to serve HIM by serving my father. Others may not be so fortunate however much they wanted to do it but the opportunity is not there anymore.
Salam Lebaran.