Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Keeping in touch

More than a week ago I had the opportunity to meet my former class of 1964, just five of us on nasi lemak and teh tarik. Being pensioners it's for our own benefit that we meet over a cuppa so that we keep in touch with one another. One of my colleague travels all the way from Seremban by taking the train, because the commuter was unavailable that morning, but he still made it in good time. We reminded one another of how grateful we should be for the blessings that Allah Almighty has given us in the form of health which cannot be compared with anything else, because it's priceless. Of course the main topic of discussion that morning was the outcome of the election 2008 and what's the prognosis of the next one. All of us agreed on one thing, that it was the best thing to have happened. Being ex-civil servants we knew what could be happening to the Nation if the denial syndrome would be perpetuated. It's time we come up with a choice, so that no group or coalition could take the electorate for granted in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear gps,
Thanks for the compliments and I shall try to access yours too.

nue said...

Abah, gps's is a spam comment.
I've gone into your account and changed your setting. Commenters need to go through a word verification step so no more spam commenters. ok.

Husni aka Tuni said...

Kah..kah..kah....Abah cakap dgn robot GPS? Hehehee